Annual Asbestos Inspection
If Asbestos is identified at Commercial premises or a workplace, it is a statutory requirement that the asbestos is monitored and any changes recorded, an annual inspection or re-audit can be completed and the Asbestos register updated to reflect the Inspection.
Global Asbestos Audits (GAA) review Registers annually to provide FULL compliancy to our clients, we also review and re-audit many other reports carried out by other companies, we update and correct these reports.
If you have an existing Register that maybe out of date, non-compliant or requires re auditing you can send it to us and in most circumstances in a desktop review we can provide you all the information you need to make a decision of what to do next.
Under the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 and the Workplace Health and Safety Act 2011, the Asbestos Materials Register, including any risk assessments, must be reviewed annually or earlier where:
- A risk assessment indicates the need for reassessment – ie; Likelihood of damage, Activity, previous condition, friability, etc
- Any Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM) has been disturbed or removed
A visual inspection must be undertaken as part of this review. GAA licensed assessors engaged to perform a review will undertake the following:
- Attend the premises and inspect all previously identified ACM areas
- Reassess the risks associated with the ACM
- Provide further recommendations for either the ongoing management or removal of the ACM if required
- Update the existing Asbestos Materials Register to incorporate details from the review process
- update to report to meet current Regulation
By carrying out annual inspections you:
- Minimize significantly the exposure to legal liabilities from tenants, contractors and/or employees
- Avoid the risk of being fined by the Department
- Minimize the possibility of claims on workers compensation due to asbestos exposure
- Reduce the likelihood of waivered insurance claims due to non-compliance
- Avoid the possibility of unfavourable media exposure and publicity
- Avoid possible union problems including stop-work action
- And most importantly, minimize the risks to health due to the exposure to asbestos in the workplace
See some samples of our reports and interesting points listed below about our procedures.
- Asbestos Register Sample Page – PDF – Please look at this sample page and you will see why our reporting system is so widely accepted by State Governments and Unions.
- Asbestos MPLan Contents Sample Page – PDF
- Asbestos Survey Sample Page – PDF
- Asbestos Executive Summary Sample Page – PDF
- Asbestos Action Plan Sample Page – PDF