If you are looking at disposing of commercial assets, you may require an Asbestos Audit prior to the sale or disposal.
The Asbestos Audit Solution will provide you with total compliance for the State and National Legislation for the Management of Asbestos in Workplaces.
Stringent new legislation calls for “Persons with Control” of workplaces to comply with the Code of Practice for the Management and Control of Asbestos in Workplaces [NOHSC:2018 (2005)]. ALL State Governments have ratified this code.
A person in control is identified as;
Person with Control means, in relation to premises, a person who has control of premises used as a workplace. The person with control may be:
1. the owner of the premises;
2. a person who has, under any contract or lease, an obligation to maintain or repair the premises;
3. a person who is occupying the premises;
4. a person who is able to make decisions about work undertaken at the premises; or an employer at the premises.
Are You Affected?
You must comply with the legislation: Persons in Control of buildings have a duty of care to:-
- Develop an Asbestos management Plan
- Investigate their premises for the presence of ACM
- Develop a register of identified or presumed ACM
- Remove or minimize the risk of ACM
- Implement Control Measures.
What must you do?
If asbestos is identified in your building or workplace the owner of the building (or owner’s representative) is required to document and implement an Asbestos Management Plan in accordance with the National Code of Practice.
This plan is to include items such as:
- A register of asbestos-containing materials at the workplace.
- Details of maintenance and service work undertaken on asbestos-containing materials.
- Mechanisms for communicating the location and type of asbestos-containing materials to employees and others who may come into contact with asbestos containing materials.
- Any decisions regarding the abatement actions taken.
- An action plan (including timeframes) for the abatement works.
- Airborne monitoring arrangements.
- Responsibilities and accountabilities of key staff in the implementation of the plan.
- Procedure for reviewing and updating the plan.
- Safe work method statements / risk assessments
- All asbestos-containing materials left in-situ should be clearly labelled to prevent inadvertent exposure to persons not familiar with the materials.
- Annual review of listed ACM
Asbestos Audit Management Solution provides you with FULL compliance;
- Asbestos Audits and Registers
- Asbestos Management Plans
- Staff, Tenant & Contractor Handbook
- Asbestos Register Controllers Guide
- Work Permit and Completion forms
- Draft company Statement
- Draft Work Method Statement
ALSO, if required
- Sample Analysis
- Air Monitoring
- Asbestos Removal Project Management
- Asbestos Hazard consultation
- Asbestos Hazard training